Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Reads

First book of the Summer accomplished in 4 days!
It's a novel based on a local WEALTHY hapa-haole family....one of the last/few modern hawaiian families related directly to old hawaiian ali'i (royalty). Not really gonna go into what it's about, since that may ruin potential readers, however I thought it was okay. Well maybe because I read the title, and was told by my Dad that the characters (of course names are changed) are direct descendants of ali'i, that it would talk about these families in today's hawaii. But no. The story was actually pretty sad and unfortunate, okay maybe a little interesting since I got hooked and couldn't wait until Mahie fell asleep. A few twists here & there. Now onto another interesting read...any suggestions out there? I'll read anything, even if I'm bored by the third page, I'll still complete it all :)

p.s. they're making a movie based on the book, & george clooney is playing the hawaiian (well hapa-haole) dad, hahaha cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment